Sunday, March 16, 2008

Beautiful spring day!

I've been kinda slack blog-wise, but been pretty busy otherwise. This past week we had a few house meetings. The only thing we have decided is which piece of land we're getting (my brother and I split some family land). Other than that, we are still trying to figure it out. Here's what we have in a nutshell:
We have a good idea of what kind of house we want. We originally found a house plan, let's call that plan A, and thought we'd have a builder do it. Well, apparently that was the Cadillac of house plans so we moved on.
Next, we met with a national chain builder b/c a friend os Steve's recently built with them and was very happy. They didn't have anything exactly like we were looking for but they came up with a great floorplan (plan B) that kinda looks like the outside I want. Cost is reasonable.
However, we met with another builder, local family business, and we liked everything he had to say. But if we use him, we need to come up with another floorplan because A is too big and expensive and plan B will not match the exterior I really want. Cost is very reasonable.
So...we are still looking. Argh!

Today was a really beautiful, fun day. It was sunny and about 70 degrees. After church, Savannah and I went to a birthday party for a friend who lives out of town now (the party was local). It was at the park and all the guests got bubbles and kites. The kites were a big hit and it was so cool to see 7 or so kites all in the air at once. It was nice to visit with friends and the kids had a good time.

This afternoon was the family egg hunt at church. The ladies that put it together did a great job. Of course there was a egg hunt for the kidos but there were also games and prizes for adults, too. I wound up with a nifty pair of Bubba teeth! We did a relay race, cupcake walk, guessing game, craft and a hot dog supper. We brought home so much loot - it was like halloween! I'll try to get some pics up this week. I'm too tired to do much else right now.

post signature

No comments: