Saturday morning we had to switch hotels, so we loaded up our stuff and headed out on the train into town. (more on the room later).
We were true tourists, shorts and tennis shoes included(no one there is too into shorts or tennis shoes), and hauled our butts all over town. Seriously, if I had been wearing a pedometer it probably would have said "00003" because it had rolled over already.
We walked to the Eiffel Tower, which was several blocks away. It really is quite something to see. We got there and waited in line to go up. By up, I mean 340 steps to the second level, where we went. You had to pay more to go further, I think.
Up there, you had amazing views of the city in all directions. The weather was quite warm for Paris (maybe 82 degrees) so
We left the Eiffel Tower and headed uphill to get on the train (thankfully) to go to the Arc d Triomphe. Even once we got off the train, it was a good walk to the actual Arc. And of course Steve wanted to go up. That was 284 more steps.
Again, lovely views of the city from up there. Next, we got back on the train and headed to the North end of town to Sacre Cour, a really old church on a big-ass hill. Add 225 to the step count...
I don't know what it is about this church, but there were people everywhere! Sprawled out on the lawn, having a beer, listening to street performers, you name it. Oh, and some annoying scammers trying to tie strings on us??? We didn't get it.My legs were killing me at this point. I had climbed 849 steps in addition to all the regular walking. So we walked ourselves to a cafe behind the church and we sat and had a few beers. Ahhhh.....
4 comments:
You should have wore a pedometer to get an "official" step count...
Only a true southern girl would describe Sacre Cour as, "a really old church on a big-ass hill."
I love you.
When I share your stair-counting tale with my northern friends, I'll be sure to preface it with YAGBTS.
Redneck or not, I had never heard of Sacre Cour before this trip so I figured somebody else hadn't either. Seemed the easiest, most obvious way to explain it...but glad I could add to the YAGBTS experience.
Damn, have the french ever heard of an elavator?
Post a Comment