Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WTF?

I found out yesterday that I am getting knocked down to part-time next year. Not surprising considering that I work for a public school system and the current state of the economy. What was surprising is that even though they offered a 36% cut in pay, and a 33% cut in hours, they expect me to do the same job duties.
Hmmm.....same workload but less pay and less time to do it in? Don't think so.

post signature

6 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh man.. how can they justify that? What are you going to do?

April said...

So sorry to hear that. That sucks. Hope it all works out for ya.

Housewife Savant said...

If everything could slow to a standstill on the house...
if materials could cost three times more than they do now...
if your contractors would do crappy work...
and you'd crack a tooth or lose a filling...
THAT would be the cherry.

Sorry for the crummy news.

Lisa (aka) French said...

Go figure gotta love South Cackalacky...so sry hope something better comes up;) French

Shannon said...

I've asked that the job duties be re-evaluated. If that is approved, I would probably stay. If not...we'll see!

Anonymous said...

aw bummer news. Not a great way to start your summer.