Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"Hello? 3 little pigs? Yeah, we want to build a house..."

As I told a friend, it's that time of year for the "funk." Savannah was sick today with a fever and cough. I heard others have the flu or strep throat. As someone who works in a public school, I'm never surprised at what is going around or that my family or I have gotten the latest crud. Anyway...
I didn't feel like doing much at work today and the kids were getting on my nerves so I surfed the internet a good bit. We are finally (!) starting the house building process, so I was looking for some ideas. I think we have the house plan picked out but it needs some tweaking.
The whole process is really very scary. I only have to decide every single, solitary, minute detail of a major investment that I will have for the rest of my life! Top that off with my personality ("well, I don't know, I'm not sure, I need to think about it") plus Steve's personality ("this is how it is, it costs how much?! and too late I already picked burnt sienna") equals divorce lawyer on speed dial. Just kiddin- I hope.
So if anyone out there has some sage advice, you let me know. In the meantime, say a prayer for us as we get it underway....

post signature

1 comment:

Girl in Carolina said...

Oh no! Poor Savannah, she needs to come hang out with me for a few days and we'll beat the crud together. That and eat ice cream all day! :) Hope she feels better!