It's been another busy week. I'm not bragging, it's just that this is usually how my time goes when I am not working. The summers fly by, we're busy going here, there and doing all kinds of things. School starts up and I wonder how I ever had time for a job? This past week I was off and we were out of town like 5 days. Then there was Thanksgiving.
It was a great day of food and family spent at my Grandma's. I made Paula Deen's Pumpkin Trifle. It was pretty good, but I'm not a big pumpkin fan so there is a pile of it still in the fridge. Steve actually cooked a turkey. He wanted an ole' fashioned turkey like back home (that means stuffed with Stove Top) so he decided to do his own. It was fine, but he can have that nasty stuffing.
It was a great day of food and family spent at my Grandma's. I made Paula Deen's Pumpkin Trifle. It was pretty good, but I'm not a big pumpkin fan so there is a pile of it still in the fridge. Steve actually cooked a turkey. He wanted an ole' fashioned turkey like back home (that means stuffed with Stove Top) so he decided to do his own. It was fine, but he can have that nasty stuffing.
And we shopped yesterday - on Black Friday. Savannah stayed with mama and Steve and I got up at 4:00 a.m. to hit the stores! We didn't get any super-fabulous deals, but it was still some good shopping and we were home again and it bed by about 9:00 a.m. Whew!
I hope everyone else had a great holiday.

I hope everyone else had a great holiday.
6 comments:
I agree on the stuffing....YUCK. Bet it was a good turkey though. I'd like to attempt to make a turkey one day. It's so intimidating though.
I think there was something else I wanted to say, but I can't remember....Oh wait...
GO COCKS!!!!!!!!! ;)
I'll take your share of pumpkin pie... LOVE IT!!!
Love the trifle; MIL makes it each year and I look forward to a little Paula with the holiday. I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down on the stuffing...I'll take fried turkey please!
Stove top!?! You poor thing. Was he drunk? Cause I could see it if you had the munchies.
I even attempted a little Paula Deen I made her Pumpkin Gooey Butter cake for the family and it was super rich and very yummy!! I am almost certain it was fat free and calorie free too, aren't all of her recipes?
I saw that pumpkin trifle on someone else's blog and it looked delish. happy belated thanksgiving, girlie!
Post a Comment