Friday, October 8, 2010

wall art ...finally!

We've been in the house over a year now and there is still one box to be unpacked and some pictures to be hung. I'm just not a very motivated person. So I was in no hurry to put something up on the living room wall. I knew I'd find something I liked and was cheap not too expensive.
Back in January, on the way home from visiting a friend, I stopped at an outlet mall. In Carolina Pottery I saw the coolest wall "tiles." I use quotes because they looked kinda like ceramic tiles but were really light-weight metal. Anyhoo...They were big (check!), blue and brown (check!) and $17 a piece (check!). However, when I got them home, I decided it was too much blue on blue. I thought some sort of backing would look good. Long story short and 9 months later... I finally have them hanging on my wall!

Tada!!!

I cut an old political sign (corrugated plastic) to size and then spray painted it brown because the white showed through the burlap. Then I sprayed adhesive onto it and placed my burlap over it. I folded the corners giftwrap-style and used duct tape to hold them down. I nailed straight through sign to hold it and each of the tiles in place.
Ok, so it's not Goodwill cheap, but not bad for less than $75!

I'm participating in:

No comments: