If you have kids you are, of course, regularly submitted to watching children's TV shows. Gone are the days of Tom & Jerry, Smurfs, and Scooby Doo (without Scrappy). I know they are still on Boomerang, but that's not the point...
I had heard of "Yo Gabba Gabba," but had never seen it until today. Oh. Ma. Gah. What the f***?!?! First of all, the host, I'll call him Mr. Gabba Gabba is clearly a rejct from the 90's group Dee-Lite (remember "Groove is in the Heart" and Lady Miss Keir?)
The costumed characters are just sad and weird. The striped one, Brobee, definately rode the short bus home today. The show itself is kinda hip and has cool colors, but it's like Sesame Street, Romper Room and Teletubbies in rehab. The guest star today was Biz Markie!! ("Oh baby youuuu, got what I neeeed...") Savannah looked at me and said "I want that boy to stop."
And then there's this animated part called "Moochie and Pootie." Really? A Character called Pootie? And that whole part too closely resembles Japanamation for me.
Have I mentioned the music? Some of it is kinda catchy and fun, but most of it sounds like it was written on a cocktail napkin and recorded with a Cassio 110 or whatever that electronic keyboard was that everyone got/wanted for Christmas in 1988.
No matter what I think of it, I guess the most important thing is that kids like it. And dog-gone-it if Savannah wasn't sitting there taking it all in.
1 comment:
I have to say I agree with you,although you have watched far more than I to know thier names, I just thought they were freaky nameless monster like things. As far as the names go, we have baby tv here, and Jackson's favorite show has a giant mouse names "toot". It is great fun when he hollers he wants "toot". Have a good day.
Post a Comment