Saturday, February 23, 2008

the not-so interesting, not-so fun week

Been kinda busy this week. I spent Monday recuperating from being out of town. I spent Tuesday catching up at work from being gone Thursday. Wednesday was a short work day but then that evening was consumed by going to a work dinner with Steve. Thursday was annoying and put me in a bad mood. Friday was a rainy, nasty, cold day of laundry. And today is blah Saturday. Steve is sick and we didn't really do anything besides finish laundry and go outside a little bit.
Fun week, huh? I know...it could always be worse. On another note, we are meeting with a guy this week to draw up the house plans. Scary! Here's what we are working with, but we plan to modify it. My favorite layout was of a house that we didn't love the exterior of. We really like this exterior and figure we can change the inside some. Mainly we are going to extend the kitchen and the garage.
It's one of those things...all your life you think about a. who you're going to marry b. how many kids and c. what kind of house will you have. At least I did. It's so daunting. I don't want to forget anything or wish 6 months later that I had done something different or look at it in 10 years and think that it's "dated." And since we have the luxury of building and not buying, I indeed have all those considerations. Ugh!!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when I grow up I want to be big pimpin' like you guys!!! Oh wait.....it would take 2 of those houses to hold my 47 kids...I guess our only hope is to build a shoe. That is a really pretty house, love all the openess and windows.

Girl in Carolina said...

all my life I wonder about

a. does my butt look big in these jeans

b. did I really have to have that free t-shirt when I signed my life over to Visa at the Stern center

c. orange blossom spray will always smell like sh*t.