Friday, June 6, 2008

What the...? Men, schmen

"What's this?" you ask. Really rotten bananas? Savannah got a hold of a marker? Nope. They're burnt. How do you get burnt bananas? You leave them on top of the toaster oven while you cook something. "That's silly," you say. Yep. It's an obvious mistake, I think. But my dear husband has done it not once, but twice in the same week. "So move the fruit to a different location," you say. It's on the toaster oven to begin with because if I put it away, Steve says he can't see it and therefore won't eat it. Well, you won't eat it extra crispy either. This from my husband, who, if you didn't know, has a Ph.D. in engineering. WTF?!
As you know, we just got back from Florida, but he had to go out of town for work again this week. I was supposed to go with him on this trip but it didn't work out. That was fine. Well, then I had the opportunity to go visit some friends out of town this weekend. He would get in Saturday a.m. when I would plan to leave."No", Steve says, "I get in town on the red-eye and I need to be left alone so I can sleep for a few hours." OK then, I'll take Savannah with me. "Oh no," he says, "I haven't seen her all week and I want to spend some time with her." Excuse me, you just said you would be sleeping most of the day?!??!
THEN, he calls me tonight. He says he may not get in until 5:30 tomorrow. Not a surprise b/c he gets flights changed/ cancelled on him all the time. Oh, actually, the guys from work want him to go out tonight and take a later flight home. I politley told him that if he has a choice, I'd like him to come home in the morning as planned, especially since Savannah has been very whiny for him all week and oh, yeah, she had a fever of 103 this evening.
WTF?!?! men......

post signature

1 comment:

Girl in Carolina said...

OMG that is hilarious about the bananas!!!!!!! You are right...MEN! haha