The food in this town is different (if anyone offers you bar-b-que you're really getting a sloppy joe) but good. We ate from all the required food groups: pork tenderloin, fried chicken, brats and corn. Well, actually I stayed away from all of those but the corn, but I did get some chicken oscar. Yum!
Savannah usually had an accident a day but it was really because she didn't want to stop what she was doing to go potty. She even went poop a few times by herself. I guess she figured it worked out pretty good the first time so, hey, why not try it again. She also had a blast playing with her cousins and friends. There were so many kids at the cook-out we had! However, the majority of them belonged to my BIL and a friend so they were
We got to see lots of friends and family. Steve' grandpa isn't doing too well so it was especially good to see him. The old guy is 86, was shot down in WWII and lost his wife 15 years ago, so he's dealt with tougher things.This week I'm playing catch up at work from being gone so long. I hate this time of year. From about the end of August until the first of October, is the busiest time. It's like running my own little school except that I do it all myself. I have to hire staff, arrange rooms, unpack boxes, order supplies and curriculum, rank students, send out paperwork, process paperwork, enter all data into the system, keep up with bus routes, arrange parent events, lead parent events, schedule field trips, lead field trips, handle discipline, give out snack, bandage boo-boos, blah, blah, blah... And Miss whats-her-bucket big-wig wants this to be a part-timeposition next year. Yeah, right.
Anyhoo... Hope you all have had a lovely summer and mine is comming to an end. Let the hilarity ensue!


Anyhoo... Hope you all have had a lovely summer and mine is comming to an end. Let the hilarity ensue!
2 comments:
Welcome back!
E doesn't have accidents, but she is the queen of suddenly having to go potty right. this. second. I think she ignores all prior warnings because she's having too much fun otherwise!
And, I'd totally kick your ass in Trivial Pursuit. Just sayin...
After I posted the top picture, I realized Savannah kinda stood out with her pink bow and her matching Salty Dog Cafe T. Or at least that's what everyone else thought. People "made fun of" my dear G.R.I.T.S. twice for her outfits and hairbows. Those mid-westerners just don't know a cute Southern girl when they see one!
Post a Comment