Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Guess what kind of day we've had?

Remember how when you were a kid, your parents used all kinds of parent logic on you like, "If everyone else jumped off an bridge, would you do it too?" And how it was completely wasted on you? No effect whatsoever. All you got out of it was that your parents had lots of ways of saying "no."
And isn't it amazing now that you are a parent that you use the same parent logic and it makes perfect sense to you? That somehow you hope that parent logic has evolved over the past 30 years and is much more effective now.
New! Upgrade to Parent Logic version 298.0!
That when you say, "You should have thought of that before you did a face dive off of the couch," your child will turn to you and say, "You're right mom. I wasn't thinking." Or when your dear child asks, "Why?" for the millionth time and you say, "Because God made it that way." They'll say "Ok," and shut up.
Maybe your parent logic will put an end to uneaten broccoli and unbrushed teeth forever. Maybe you'll be so smart and quick witted, that your kids will never question you again....
No, I think it's a fate we all must endure, much like death, taxes and Donald Trump. So instead of pondering this anymore, I'll just stop here. Why? Because I said so!

post signature

No comments: