Sunday, November 30, 2008

Merry SITSmas!

Since today is "Merry SITSmas," I am taking this opportunity to say, "You Rock!" to all the other SISTas out there and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!!

(future SITStas, my daughter and neice)

I also want to share some thoughts on Chrsitmas with you.

Normally I'm one of those people who CAN NOT believe that trees and decorations are in the stores before November. I wonder who in the world decided it was a good idea to start playing 24 hour Chrismas music on the radio before Thanksgiving. I'm mad at the media for talking about Christmas sales being down when most people haven't even put together their shopping list yet. I'm not being a scrooge. It's just too much, too soon, I think.

Scrooge Pictures, Images and Photos

But this year, I'm looking at it a little differently. If we can have an excuse to be with friends and family and little more and share in the Christmas spirit a little longer, then that can't be a bad thing, right?

It's barely December and we've already gone to see light displays, twice! The Angel Tree tags at church were all taken in one week. I have a list of holiday happenings in the area that we could go to together on almost any given day. Instead of excahnging gifts this year, a friend and I decided to have a "sleep-over" instead. Steve has taken a week off of work not to travel, but just be with us. I have a hard time buying gifts for some people because they already have everyhting they want or need.

We really are blessed. We have each and every day to spend with our families and know that we are loved. (cue The Carpenters)
Now get out there and buy me a present!

post signature

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture!
I am excited about Christmas this year. Mainly because the little one is more aware. Which is what I'm most thankful for...my little one!
Merry SitSmas!

Michelle said...

Sharing a little christmas cheer is never a bad thing! Merry SITsmas!

nikkicrumpet said...

They are adorable pre-sistahs! and I hope you had a very merry...day at work while we blogged...neener neener!

Valerie said...

Your girls are beautiful. Hope you had a great Merry SITSmas day!

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! Those girls are adorable! Merry SITSmas! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!

Unknown said...

Merry Sitsmas may it e filled with love! I agree christmas cheer needs to stick around longer!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

What a couple of cuties!!!

Ho Ho Ho Merrrrrrrrrrrrry SITSmas!

And if there's anybody that deserves the $200 grand prize, it's me - oops! I mean you!

- Margaret

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

merry SITSmas!!!

Sandra said...

Merry SITsmas!!!

and Girls are never...

Just a girl!!! Hear us roar!!!

Ashley said...

Toooo cute!

Sandy said...

Cute girls!
Merry SITSmas!

wenderful said...

Cute card! Merry SITsmas to a fellow SITsta at the bottom off the list. :)

Carrie said...

Merry SITSmas a little late! I'm still working my way through the links!

hehe Love the last line...

Marshmallow Circus said...

Such a cutie pic!