Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rock the Boat!

We voted today, despite the lines, yucky weather and taking Savannah along. She kept saying, " Can I take dis on the boat?" "Yay, we're goin' on a boat ride!" and then I figured it out. We told her we were going to VOTE, but she heard BOAT. Yes, that may have been more fun, but not today, boo.
It wasn't too bad. We stood in line for an hour and 45 minutes. Savannah behaved pretty well. She socialized with the other kids there and even entertained everyone with a brief dance performance. That's my girl!
On a separate note...We had a girls shopping trip the other day with our friends Amy and Harper. After almost 4 hours, the girls had been pretty good, but they were reaching their limit. Our last stop was Ross' shoe department. Amy was on the hunt for the mate to a boot and I was keeping an eye on the girls. They found themselves a half-empty shelf and proceeded to sit down and pout. They made up a little song, something like, "This store is no fun, there's nothing to do," And of course I had my camera...
How stinkin' cute are they?!?

post signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did mail in ballots, but since I am such a procrastinator I didn't mail them. So the Kid and I dropped them off. And that was about all he could handle! If I had to wait even 4 to 5 minutes I wouldn't have gotten to vote!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

CUTE! I came over from a link on Tattooed Minivan Mama's blog. Great blog you have here, from one Southern girl to another!

AndreaLeigh said...

So so cute! Love the pic. Lines were long here... I waited 2.5 hours. Would have been quicker though if it was better organized.

Anonymous said...

well yeah it was no fun...there's nothing on those shelves.

how's your mullet?

(I'm so easily amused...my word verification is feuntoog...)

Sue Wilkey said...

Ha- that's what I call "the shopping wall". They hit it. When my daughter was 2 she'd be sitting int he grocery cart and just scream "ALL DONE!!!!!!"