I recently purchased and assembled your "Gingerbread Dreams" house kit. While the finished product turned out super-duper cute, getting there took more patience and skill than herding cats.
We we all set to enjoy this activity as a family. My three-old was very excited to get started and my husband even gave into me begging him to turn of the TV wanted to help. Imagine my dismay when the instructions said to assemble the product and then allow to dry for several hours before decorating. I had to shoo everyone out of the house, which is difficult when you have candy and icing all spread out on the kitchen table.
It took quite a bit of work to a. fit the pieces together b. hold them in place while they dry and then c. get them to stay that way! Next time, I suggest you have an emergency hot line number where you can speak with an actual engineer. You know, like the Butterball hot line, but for gingerbread houses?
Also, it would be good if you could include more decorating candy. My daughter ate about as much as she put on the house. I had supplement with my own Hershey Kisses, M&Ms, peppermints, Mike and Ikes, 2-year old Halloween candy etc...
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I have included some photos for verification.

6 comments:
so funny! but the house is super cute!
Too funny! Well at least you tried and besides it's all in the fun while doing it right! Looks great to me;) Hugs French
It turned out great though... I love the Santa head on the front!
How cute is that! Love it~
We made that mistake last year. Never again! This year our gingerbread house was pre-assembled, we just got to decorate it.
After all that trouble, it turned out beautifully!
Thank you, so much, for stopping by the Back Porch and for asking about the dining room color, which is, Sherwin Williams Interesting Aqua, on walls and Topsail (from the same card) on ceiling.
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment