I missed the actual inauguration, but I was really glad I got to see the Obamas and the Bushes walking out on the steps afterwards. I just thought it was a very poignant moment. Two couples standing there, seemingly very different, but both some of the few in history who know/will know what's it's like to be at the helm of the United States. They exchanged waves and pleasantries (not quite like what I envisioned earlier this month) and then the Bushes boarded the plane, eventually bound for Texas. Out with the old and in with the new. Just like that.
While I didn't vote for the guy (yeah, I said it) I do wish him the best of luck. I hope for nothing but good things for him, his family and most of all, our country.
P.S. I see that Obama, like me, is a lefty. As my grandaddy said, "Everyone was born right-handed, but some people learn to over-come it." Overcome, he did.
1 comment:
I hope you go back and read the comments on my last post. I got a ton. And while most people were really into the cutestblogontheblock place, there were a handful of other ones. TONS of cute layouts. But you already have a cute layout. You just never know when you'll want a new one!
Hope the dentist was a blast!
Post a Comment