Monday, January 5, 2009

"Duh" TV

Have ya'll heard this story yet?
"Washington, D.C. - The government's digital converter coupon program is out of money, according to a report in "TV Week News."
The article says the government has committed the entire $1.34 billion available already.
Now, people who request the coupon will be put on a waiting list.
The article says increased awareness by the public that the deadline was approaching caused a rush on coupon requests at the end of December.
The government must now get additional funding from
Congress or wait until some unused coupons expire before more of the vouchers can be sent."
Now, I don't know about you, but if your coverage has been anything like it has been here, you are sick and tired of hearing about the "big switch" to digital TV. Our local broadcasters with their bleached teeth and caked on make-up have been talking about this for the past year, no less, as if the world would shrivel up and die if you didn't know about the DTV change. The ads have been non-stop. It's been like Y2K all over again, and we know how that went... I suspect, if the government hadn't doled out so much money to the TV stations for said announcements, they'd still have money for the darn converters!!! Anybody else with me?
post signature

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

what a freakin mess.

AndreaLeigh said...

do that many people still have bunny ears? really?

Slacker Mama said...

I find it strange that we are subsidizing people getting TVs. I mean, really? TVs are an inalienable right?

By the way, every time I see your old news guy who is now on our Channel 4 (he's the weekend anchor), I think of you!

Lisa (aka) French said...

I HEAR YOU! I am so sick of the commercials here! UGH! French;)

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya! I'm with ya!

So it's not armageddon then?

Krys72599 said...

But will I do at night, with no tv?
Actually talk with my family?
Hmmm...

Rebecca Jo said...

I too am SICK of hearing about it...