Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's my Brick...House!

Here is the latest on the new house! I took these pics this weekend.
Here's the front of the house- pretty much the same view I already showed you, minus the snow. The vinyl around the dormers and windows is up.
Notice my front yard of nice, thick mud?
The screened in porch on the back of the house and - oh! Can you say "pool party?"
The FROG: This area turned out a lot bigger than originally planned so we added a half bath (on the right). What's that area to the left? Where Steve's projection screen will be, of course.

Our kitchen table will go right where that table saw is. The trim/woodworking guys have really been working lately, but still no cabinets to show you.

Our great room with fireplace (gas logs) and the windows/doors that look out onto the screened in porch.
The coffered ceiling in the great room . Boy, was that a booger to figure out!
Steve's office with a "pseudo" coffered ceiling. It looks out onto the front porch.
Ok- I need some help from my decorating friends...This is a big empty wall in the living room (from the vantage point of standing by the fireplace). What do I put here? It will be a main walkway so I don't want any big furniture. The ceilings are 10 foot so I have a lot of room to work with. Ideas???
That's it for now. At this point, we're still probably not moving in until April. The trim guys have a lot to do and the the painter has just gotten started. Then, of course are the floors.
I'll keep you posted...


post signature


5 comments:

Lisa (aka) French said...

Hey I can be hired and I am just around the corner when the time for decorating comes;) Seriously as it gets further along let me know if I can give you any ideas;) French

Anonymous said...

I could give you a bazillion ideas...but then I'd have to get to stay the night! So how big is the house going to be? It's looking good!

Rebecca Jo said...

Its GORGEOUS!!!

AndreaLeigh said...

wow, that is going to be gorgeous! can I come to your housewarming party? haha.

if you don't mind me asking, where are you building? my brother lives in lexington, off 378. are you close?

nikkicrumpet said...

Building a new home is the most exciting thing...and BOY HOWDY yours is a beauty!!!! I can't wait to see it done. How exciting for you!