We also met some friends for lunch at the craziness that is McDonald's on a day when school is out. So many kids all yelling and shoving. We got out in the nick of time! It felt kinda like in that movie where Indiana Jones just rolls under the huge stone door that is a bout to crush him. I know...some of you are asking, "then how do you work with kids?" Easy. When they're "my" school kids I can say, "Hey! You are being too loud," and give rewards to the ones who are being good :)
After that we headed to Kmart where Savannah almost had a meltdown over some girly make-up that was on clearance (at least I'll give her credit for that), but I was not buying that today. Next we headed to Goodwill. Here is what I scored:
Two cute gingerbread men and four melamine (I think that's how you spell it) plates for the grand total of $6. I see both of these having a home in the new kitchen. Speaking of which, I have a house update soon, but not until I can take some pics. Both batteries in both cameras were dead when I was there last time.
I'm also in the market for a blog make-over. Does anyone have any good suggestions for free stuff? I'd also be willing to pay someone for a reasonable fee ($50 is not reasonable). I like what I have, but I just feel like I need to "freshen up."
edited to add: OK. Obviousley I've been screwing around with the look already. What do you think? However, I'm kinda hesitant to ditch the header. It was custom made, but then I am tired of looking at it. I need a cute replacement. Must look into it further...
5 comments:
You scored Great! Enjoy the day off they are already talking about a snow tomorrow for 1 inch of snow (lmao) French;)
No clue on the blog makeover stuff. I'm in serious need of one and don't want to mess around on my own with it.
I don't think I've been inside McDonald's since the 80s. Strictly drive thru only. The play place is for suckers.
The gingerbread men are cute!!!
OMG I love those gingerbread men! SCORE!!
Very cute stuff and I'm looking forward to the house update.
BTW...I need your sage Disney advice, so head to my blog. The Slacker are Disney-ing it up in February!
Post a Comment