Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stranger things have happened...

but offhand, I can't think of one. I've seen snow. Twice. This week. Here in the South. Now, it was just a dusting both times, but it still counts.
The first was in the mountains this weekend. We had gone up with my cousin and his family. When we woke up Sunday morning, it was coming down and accumulated a little bit on the porch.
The second time was today. My friend called last night and told me that my school district had already cnaceled school for today. What? I hadn't seen the news. Yep, because they were calling for possibly 1-3 inches. Yeah, go ahead and laugh if you like but a. Trust me: the people around here are not used to it and it will freak them out and cause wrecks so it's just as well we all stay home, and b. I didn't have to go to work today beacause of it. Enough said. Here is Savannah all decked out. No, she isn't a KISS fan. She's trying to catch a snowflake on her tongue.
A sneak-preview of the new house with a light blanket of snow.

I'm not sure what she was doing here. Just excited to be out in it, I think.

Let's just hope that we stay above freezing tonight or we start this all over again tomorrow.

post signature

7 comments:

Elle Jay Bee said...

Hi Shannon,
Your daughter is adorable! I remember being little and trying to catch snowflakes that way. I think I was that young once...

Thanks for your kind words about my daughter's bedroom make-over. To answer your question, I haven't any idea as to where you could find a brand similar to our Canadian store, Wicker Emporium. Perhaps Pier One might carry similar lines? It's a start...sorry I can't be more helpful!

Enjoy your snow and that little cutie. Mine are growing like weeds :(

Linda

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting for little ones when they see snow where they live, especially if it doesn't usually happen. It snowed here in so cal once a couple of years ago and now the kids expect it every time it's cold.

Anonymous said...

That does look like a lot for the South. It actually looks like a heavy dusting. I was expecting a thin veil in the pictures. House looks good! Is it bricked?

Rebecca Jo said...

Not a KISS fan... I had to laugh - my husband has a KISS Room in our basement... sigh... a man thing!

But anyways - my header was created on Scrapblog.com... its really fun to make your own scrap book pages... then you save it to your own computer & I resized it using my photo program... Hope it helps - you can find it if you google it too. (probably better directions) Good luck!

Lisa (aka) French said...

Can you believe a whole ince of snow and they called a snow day?? That cracks me up but the kids loved it! Even my 18 year old was out playing in it;) French

Mammatalk said...

Snow in the south? Wow. Mamma, it's cold outside!

Thank you for visiting my little blog on my big, bloggy day! :-)

AndreaLeigh said...

we had like two flakes. no fair! :)