Friday, January 30, 2009

Your'e gonna be jealous...

...of the deal I got today! Savannah and I hit the town this morning. I had a haircut at 10:00 and then we roamed around town after that. I checked out Steinmart and TJ Maxx and saw some good stuff, but the only thing I felt I needed to buy was a quilt that may go on Savannah's bed in the new house. It's apple green with embroidered polka dots and a scalloped edge- very cute! But that's not my bargain purchase.
One of our last stops was at this thrift store I've only been at once. My girlfriend finds deals there all the time so I decided to check it out. First impression: it's very junky! Most of their stuff is in tents for goodness sake! Like tarps draped over a metal frame kinda tent. There is a little house, too. So after perusing I picked up a patchwork backpack that looks like it's never been used, a Vera Bradley cosmetic bag, a mini Christmas tree with ornaments, a gold frame, an antique table runner (not pictured) and 2 pieces of fabric. One piece is definitely vintage- maybe 1960s and the other is from 1982. How do I know? It still had the original ticket pinned to it!

I was kinda worried that I didn't have enough cash, but that was not a problem. How much do you think I paid? $10? $7? Howabout $5? Nope. Got all that good stuff for only $2! DEAL!

edited to add: I thought I got the deal of the day and then Steve comes in last night from Lowes with 2 Christmas tree stands, regularly priced $17.99 and $11.99, that he got for free! With all these bargains I decided to add a label to the right aptly named, "bargains."

post signature

7 comments:

momma said...

stopping by from sits.

what great deals you found! wow!!!

nikkicrumpet said...

LOL NOW THAT'S A KILLER DEAL!!! I've got to go into a thrift store...I keep seeing these kinds of great buys and I gotta get in on this!

Anonymous said...

Wow girl! That is awesome. I have been to a good thrift store in ages. But there used to be a huge one a city over. I mean huge! I always had so much fun. My favorite things to buy from thrift stores used to be the old school, knit sweaters from like the 70's with big buttons.

Girl in Carolina said...

WOOT! I have recently discovered the beauty of thrift store shopping and I LOVE it. I got a pair of pants, 3 shirts, a scarf and a necklace all for $18 at Pets Inc. Not bad for starters :)

Where is this thrift store???

Rebecca Jo said...

Love those deals... but FREE???? wow - thats incredible... so to beat him, you have to have someone PAY YOU to take something - hehe!!!

AndreaLeigh said...

hello steal! you'll have to let me know where this is so I can visit the next time I'm in your neck of the woods!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of cool crap...I mean stuff you got!