We don't have any big plans for this weekend. We're going to the movies tomorrow as a family. We didn't make an effort to get a sitter, but that's fine. We can have family date night. After all, Steve and I have been together for over 13 years! In fact, we were engaged this weekend in 1997. Long story short...he was in the Navy and had been stationed in Virginia since January. I was still in college in Charleston and working at a bar on the weekends. He told me to take off one night on Valentine's weekend because he was coming in town. So I took the 15th off. We made plans to go out to eat, but first, he wanted to ride out to the Folly Beach pier.
So we get there and walk all the way out on the end, up on the second level. The next thing I know, he's down on one knee. I was totally surprised. I mean, we had talked marriage - just not THEN! Of course I said, "yes" and the rest, as they say, is history!

4 comments:
You haven't seen Steel Magnolias??
Dude, you gotta change your status to allow email replies to your comments.
That is a really cute story!! and that pier is beautiful!!
i've never been to that pier, actually. i need to go. great story! happy valetine's day.
Happy Engagement Anniversary!
Post a Comment