We'd like a new bed for our room, new living room furniture, and a new dining table. I've kinda decided that it's not worth getting brand new dining furniture. I've seen some pretty things but nothing that I think will be worth my $ and be ale to stand up to kids and dogs. The set we have now is 60 or so years old and it has it's share of wear, but it's supposed to after 60 years! I just can't see buying a shiny, new table only to have dried up milk, fork dents and crayon wax on it a week later.
So, I've been perusing Craig's List. If you don't know, Craig's List is an on-line classified listing with everything from Nintendo games to framed art, from washer and dryers to
I've seen several table and chairs sets I was interested in. Most are running around $250, which is way less than what I've seen in the store. We're going to go check out one of them this weekend. I'll keep you posted if I end up making a purchase.
What's something used you've bought or sold on-line? What's the weirdest thing you've seen for sale? Bonus points if you provide a link for us all to see! But no nekid people, please!
edited to add: OK, folks. I guess I spoke too soon, because Andrea hit it on the head (see comments). I had been emailing this lady about the table and chairs. Her ad said "contact me for more pictures". So I did. Then she writes me back, "That's all the pictures I have." But your ad said you had more pictures??? The next day I get 3 separate emails with more pictures! Great! I wrote her thanking her for the additional pics and asked when might she be available this weekend. She wrote me back and said it was in storage at her apt. and that she would be around b/c the kids were there this weekend. She emailed again right after that and this is what she said:
"You know ~ after telling you that I have my son and husbands boys this weekend I don't feel comfortable telling you where I live. I don't feel comfortable with sharing this information with you just to sell a stupid table. I'll just donate it before I feel uncomfortable. Good luck in your search & thank you for your interest."
Crazy be-yotch! You might want to think about BEFORE you post something for sale on Craigs List!?!
3 comments:
i hope you find some good stuff. i'm scared by CL... possible crazies hamper any deals I feel I might find.
That lady is LOONY! That's too bad though. Sounds like some good deals on there.
I think that's being a little overly paranoid!
I love craigslist, I've bought and sold from there. Still don't know who craig is though!
Post a Comment