So when they decided to put on a spring musical, I didn't get too excited. They practiced every week during Sunday school and we played the CD at home some, but I didn't think she was really into it. Even so, they measured her for a costume and told us about the last 2 rehearsals.
Which we skipped. The one was Steve's birthday and the other was Saturday. It was so gorgeous out and it was date night...wait, that's another post....anyway, the show was going to be during the 8:30 and 11:00 services. We don't go to the early service and Sunday was no exception. When we walked in that morning for Sunday school, I said, "I know we didn't make any of the practices, but Savannah might get up there and sing." Yes, of course, that was fine and they had her a tree costume (the whole play was about trees and their hopes- a metaphor for our lives). I told her to stay with the other boys and girls to go sing and I'd see her in a little bit.
Ya'll...it was so cute, it made my eyes tear up! She got up on that stage and she sung her heart out and she did the motions and didn't sit down once! She was dramatic and confident and she even enunciated!!! I had no idea. She did so good. I know because everyone came up to us after the show and told us so.
My pictures turned out pretty crappy, but here's the best one I got:
So cute!
4 comments:
Shannon that's so cool! I LOVE those moments. The pix are always crappy, but the memories are SWEET!
Maybe it takes foliage around her to bring her in a comfort zone :o)
I posted an award for you today. Please come by and "pick it up."
It's not like you've got anything else going on. [snort]
So cute indeed!
Post a Comment