Thursday, April 9, 2009

That place was a zoo!

I now know why that phrase exists. I and apparently everyone else in the surrounding 5 counties decided to go to the zoo today. I had some errands to run first, but I thought an afternoon at the zoo would be fun for me and Savannah. Maybe all the day cares and early risers would be cleared out by the time we got there. Nope. Not even close.
As I was headed into town, I heard on the radio that one interstate was backed up at the zoo exit...at 1:00 on a Thursday afternoon! So, I decided to go the other way. When I got there, there were cars everywhere! On the side of the road, in a dirt lot, in the weeds...I circled the lot and got the hell outta there! Luckily, Savannah didn't mind that we went to the park instead! Here she is with her bouquet of azaleas.
Like I said, the trip wasn't a complete waste. I had 3 things to take back, got some shoes for Easter and and looked at some tile for the house. I'll post an update soon.
Earlier this week, Savannah and I went to visit some friends out of town, a mini-girls trip, if you will. We took the kiddos to craft hour at the museum Wednesday morning. Here are the girls decorating paper crowns- you know, good princess attire.
Afterwards we enjoyed a truly Southern lunch of fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Mmmmm... We skipped dessert. I'm holding out for those birthday cupcakes tomorrow (;

post signature

4 comments:

Housewife Savant said...

I love azaleas. I'd never seen an azalea 'til I moved to So. Illinois. I didn't know what I was seeing. Along with other local flowering bushes and trees there was much splendor and I was in awe. I took my camera everywhere I went.

Admittedly, I also wanted pix of the crazy old, scrawny, toothless crackhead that rides his bike from dumpster to dumpster for aluminum.

And I wanted a photo of Camper Dude, with his splendid rottweiler in the kitchen cabinet doghouse.

And the pink trailer house with the toilet in the yard, cars on blocks, broken down van "guesthouse" complete with tarp breezeway to the pull behind camper.
I was hoping I could be there on foodstamp day, while the gang was around, sipping papersack beverages around a campfire in the grill, sitting on kitchen chairs, or on the toilet, ignoring the pitbull, who was harmless b/c the tire chain on his neck made it hard to raise his head.

I often wondered if any or all of them rode bikes or PARTS of bikes which were amidst the ruin in that yard. I reckon the three shopping carts were for taking guests home when they'd overinduldged (read; thrown up and sharted themselves.)

They cursed at me as I drove past. Screw them. I know how they could get that big stain offa the wet mattress they'd leaned up against the trailer.
See if I'll share laundry tips with them sunzabeeches.

I love azealeas.

Rebecca Jo said...

I love how she matches the flowers! ;O)

Girl in Carolina said...

That's funny. I was inside the gas station by my work earlier today paying, and some guy from out of town came in asking for directions to the zoo. It must have been a madhouse.

Girl in Carolina said...

PS Happy almost burfday!