Tuesday, March 31, 2009

She cooks

OK. Normally, I am not a big food person. Let me correct that. I enjoy eating, but the cooking? Not so much. Anyway, my friend Andrea does Tuesdays at the Table and I actually have something EASY PEASY to contribute.

Diet Coke Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can Diet Coke
1/2 cup ketchup or bar-b-que sauce

Put chicken in crock pot. Cover with Coke and sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Done! Super tender and yummy chicken!

Feeling kinda blah this week. The weather has been mediocre. The sun finally came out, but it won't warm up. I have spring break next week if I can just make it through 2 more days of school. We're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the house, but we're still at least a month out. I'm not complaining...OK, yeah I am. I'll go eat some of that chicken and shut up now.

post signature

9 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

That's crazy!!!! How easy is that!

Groomer Angie said...

LOL, I posted nearly the same thing, I use Dr. Pepper in mine and added green peppers and onions. How funny is that?? :)

Angie

AndreaLeigh said...

groomer angie has an identical recipe posted! does it taste diet coke-ish? i can't do the sweetener in diet coke so I wonder if this would bother me. i guess I could substitute regular coke easy enough.

thanks for participating!

The Chavis Family said...

I saw your recpie on Andrea's blog. Anything in the crockpot is perfect! I'm going to try this. Thanks for sharing! ~kim

Anonymous said...

I could not waste a bottle of diet coke by using it in a recipe. I am a diet coke addict. But the chicken and BBQ sauce sound good!

momma said...

wow! there was a lot of chicken on the minds of us "tuesdays at the table" folks.

this looks so easy!!!

Infarrantly Creative said...

I will have to try that. I am sucker for anything in the crockpot.

jmt said...

Every time I go to do or get some of these "easy" recipes, I fail to follow through. That's when I figured out my cooking handicap wasn't the cooking, but the shopping. And the doing. That somehow made me feel better when ordering pizza.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Wow, that sounds great and the fact that it's a crockpot recipe is even better!