Friday, May 29, 2009

from His House to my house

Savannah is fine. I haven't really been able to talk to her, but everyone that she is staying with assures me that all is well. Just as long as she doesn't come home with her aunt's accent and a taste for Old Style beer...
I have totally been enjoying my time. Monday I packed a little bit, went out on the boat that afternoon and later had dinner with my family (left-over wedding food). I don't think I told you Savannah was the flower girl. She did so well!
Tuesday I went to work and had the most productive day I've had in weeks. Things just fell into place and I was kicking butt and taking names! Figuratively speaking, of course. No children were harmed that day.
Then I had a super, amazing, fun, successful shopping trip with mama on Wednesday. I hadn't had a shopping day like that since before Savannah was born. I got a mirror, a chandelier, a chair, 2 shirts, fabric to recover 7 chair seats and a few other little things all for about $65! How did I manage that? Most of it came from thrift stores. I don't have any before pics, however, because I worked like a dog all day! My parents helped me recover 7 seats, sand down the table, I cleaned and painted a chair, painted the chandelier and STILL managed to come home, clean up and go out with the girls!
Downtown they have a Thursday afternoon concert series and 7 of us lovely ladies made a night of it. Only one injury, one lost piece of jewelry and a $200 bar/food tab so I'd say it was a successful night.
Today I'm finishing up the thrift store projects and having dinner with some friends. And I still have 2 days before they get home!!

post signature

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Look how cute she is!!!!

Man girl - you must've been finding the DEALS! You gotta take pictures of your before & after of the things you got & are refinishing!

Housewife Savant said...

Please continue to use your free time wisely (so far SO GOOD).
I'm living vicariously through you.

Anonymous said...

So lets see pictures of your thrift store goodies!