Sunday, May 24, 2009

Home Alone

Guess what?... No....guess again... Nope... Give up? Here's the deal: I am home alone for not 1, not 2, not even 5 or 6, but 8, count 'em 8 glorious days!!! That's right. Steve and Savannah have left town for the week. I didn't go because originally we thought we'd be in the new house by now (see previous post) and I'd have a week to unpack in peace. Since that didn't happen I will use the time to get a little work done, get some house projects done, go shopping, go out with the girls, and whatever else I want to do. I will NOT do laundry, wipe any one's hiney (other than my own, of course), cook dinner, pick up dirty dishes from around the house, or have to put the toilet seat down.
Oh sure, I will miss them and be glad to see them when they get home. But until then, mama's going to enjoy some time off!
P.S. If you haven't caught any of the fabulousness that is the all 80's weekend on VH1 Classic, you are missing some huge hair-dos, unbelievable outfits and some fugly rocker dudes. Seriously, the lead singer of REO Speedwagon looks like Howard Stern on a bad day. And this crap right here makes me glad I went to church 3 times this weekend (wedding). Ugh!
post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun by yourself!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my goodness... sounds like you're going to have some peace & quite... & days filled of guilty pleasures like VH1... enjoy every minute of it!

Housewife Savant said...

I always love coming over.
You make me laugh.
You house impresses.
But this post makes me want to buy KISS iTunes (just the music,not the video.)
Did I miss your intention?

Enjoy your down time!!!!!!