Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mama needs love, too!

Why is it that Daddys get all the love and praise and Mamas get dumped on?
- I'm the one who always give her a bath. Daddy will not. He says it hurts his back.
-I play with her often, sitting on the floor and doing little girl stuff. Daddy turns on the DVD.
-Mama puts her to bed at night and always reads a story and sings songs. Daddy hasn't even been home half the time to particiapte in nighttime ritual.
-Mama gets hit and told" No! Stop!" Another favorite phrase is, "I want my Daaaaddy!"
-She cries in the middle of the night and Mama is usually the one to get up to check on her. I try to hold her but she won't let me. She wiggles down and runs into our room to lay with Daddy.
-Mama works, picks up the house and still has time for the family. Daddy complains that he doesn't have time to go to the gym.
-I try to snuggle with her and she says, "Stop holding me!" And I say, "But I love you." She says, "but I don't want to love you." Meanwhile, she loves to lay in bed with Daddy and snuggle with him.

Yeah, yeah, "Daddy's little girl" and "Mama's boy." whatever.

post signature

3 comments:

Buffie said...

Get busy and have the boy...seriously. Mac tells me at least 10 times a day that he loves me..out of the blue, without prompting..no lie!!!! He rubs my face in the morning and lays in bed with me...he give me eskimo kisses and butterfly kisses every morning.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Oh girl, I feel your pain.

Girl in Carolina said...

I recommend just ignoring her for about a week. Or dropping her off somewhere down the street and driving off. (like Lynette did on Desperate Housewives) That'll teach her!

haha JUST KIDDING! :) Little girls will always be daddy's girls for some reason!