Monday, December 17, 2007

That's my girl!

We had the children's Christmas play at church yesterday. Basically, a small group of young kids reinact the Christmas story along with singing and naration. Savannah was a sheep, wooly ears stapled to a headband and all, with her cousin Grace and another little girl.
And cue the shepards and the sheep! All the other kids are standing calmly on their marks. Even the other 2 sheep are peering sweetly into the manger. But not Savannah. She is holding onto the side of the manger jumping up and down, saying "I dancin! I dancin!" She walks over to some angels for a moment, checks out the wise men and even sat for a brief moment, but the majority of the time she was jumping up and down. Steve even says she was "raisin' da roof!" one time! If you know me, you know I like to get my groove on occasionally. All I can say is, she gets it honestly.
Of course afterwards everyone was saying how precious the dancing sheep was. I'm one proud mama!
P.S. The Mint Thins were a big hit!


post signature

No comments: