Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pure Genious

Dear Patent Office,
I would like to apply for a patent to the new game I invented that I call "Copycat." You see, there have been several occasions while working with first and seconds graders that I need some sort of filler. The bus wasn't here yet, Mrs. Thompson's class wasn't back from the library yet, little Johnny wasn't finished vandalizing going potty yet... you get the idea. Because "idle time" is the devil's time!
There are lots of activities and games I could do, but most of them require various materials or lengthy instructions. I love a good game of Hangman, despite the implication of death, but you don't always have pen and paper handy. And Simon Says isn't complicated, but kids are cheaters and that drives me nuts.
So yesterday during story time we were waiting for the other classes to get there and that is when I invented "Copycat." I simply told them to do what I do and proceeded to touch my nose, cover my ears, stick out my tongue, etc. and the little suckers dears played right along with nary a peep! Genious!
Please issue my patent right away. Mrs. Kingsley has been playing the game and I think she owes me about $78.96. Thank you!
Shannon

post signature

No comments: