Monday, March 23, 2009

Party Animals

I never thought I would say this, but I've had enough cake and ice cream, thank you. We are birthday partied out! We went to 4 in the past week and that doesn't include my Daddy's birthday b/c technically we didn't have a party or a cake. Don't feel bad for him though. He got some presents and we went out to eat. That's how a 62 year old rolls.
The other parties were cousins (yes, one involved a coat of paint on the rock) and a friend. Savannah really enjoyed herself so it was all good. Steve went to a birthday party himself, except instead of cake, they had beer. Lots and lots of beer. Or I guess they did and that is why he was gone for over 24 hours yesterday!! What all started out as a ballgame and some tailgating with the guys ended up at the bars and him crashing at a friends house. He still wasn't home when I left for work this morning. That's alright. My turn is coming.
Overall, a great weekend. Oh- I got one more YAGBTS moment for you.... We officially put our current house on the market last week. Stuck a For Sale By Owner sign in the yard. We got a call and had our first showing on Saturday. The couple came to the door and I recognized the wife. Low and behold we are related. No shit. Second (Third?) cousins! Yep. That's country for you.
post signature

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

That's funny.... tell her its a country law - family MUST buy the house... FAST! :-)

April said...

I had some friends that dated for 2 years before they found out they were like 4th cousins. They broke up.

nikkicrumpet said...

A VERY small world. I got so wrapped up in the rock post yesterday I forgot to mention how gorgeous your new house is! I bet you're so excited to get it finished so you can move in. I hope you have good luck selling your current house!....hey maybe you should paint a sign on the rock...."HOUSE FOR SALE"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

I was going to fall out of my chair if you'd said the people bought your house. We've had ours on the market for three months with nothin'. Oh, and yeah, I can't believe you were related! I agree with Rebecca Jo...they need to help you out and buy your house. It's the family thing to do.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Shannon, you asked about those plates & no, that one isn't a peach. That set is from Macy's called Summer Orchard & those plates were extras that go with the set. Wonder if it's the same as yours?

Anonymous said...

you deleted me.....see if I ever post again!!

Girl in Carolina said...

LMAO! Agree, they need to buy that house...because the sooner you sell the sooner you can have a POOL PAR-TAY!