Monday, July 21, 2008

100 Things About Me

A long time ago, when I first entered bloggie land, I saw this "100 things" post on other blogs and thought it was a fun idea. However, it has taken me quite a while to compile it. Therefore, I came up with my list and saved it for my 100th post! Cheesy? Yeah, maybe a little but that's OK. Weird, interesting and factual, here are 100 things about me:

1. I have been married to my hubby, Steve for almost 11 years.
2. My daughter, Savannah, will be 3 soon.
3. I am left handed.
4. I was almost a magician's assistant in college and learned the secrets to standards like making the girl appear out of an empty box.
5. I love to dance. I've taken classes most of my life and will still gladly shake my booty at dance clubs.
6. I could write my own "You Might be a Redneck" book based on real-life experiences.
7. I'll do karaoke. My fav is "Goodbye Earl."
8. I graduated college in 4 years (no summer school and no Fs!).
9. I don't like green peas, bell peppers or tomatoes.
10. But would choose a good salad over a steak any day.
11. I shop at yard sales, thrift stores and consignment stores. I heart a bargain.
12. I am 5'9.
13. I am Lutheran.
14. I can sing along to every song on Madonna's "Like a Virgin" album.
15. My perfect vacation involves palm trees and blue water.
16. I used to live in Virginia Beach and Illinois.
17. I wish I was more patient with Savannah sometimes.
18. I'm a loyal friend as long as you treat me like one.
19. If I could pick an actress to play me it would be Sandra Bullock.
20. Cake icing is one of my favorite foods and not that whipped crap either!
21. I'm kind of a slacker. I'm more sufficient than thorough. If there's a cheaper, faster or quicker way of doing something, I'm for it.
22. It wasn't always easy, but my parents are still married.
23. I'm not a big reader. I prefer magazines to books.
24. I like celebrity gossip and TV shows.
25. My current ride: green '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee
26. In general, I'm a laid-back, low-maintenance kinda girl
27. I like to scrapbook and be crafty, but don't have time anymore.
28. I teach Sunday School once a month (high school level) .
29. Steve and I met in a bar. He was in the Navy and I was in college.
30. Some people's are fake. Mine are real: fingernails and boobs.
31. In high school, I was in 2 school plays, concert choir and a few clubs.
32. In college, I partied and went to class.
33. My younger brother and I beat the crap out of each other growing up.
34. I think sleep is underrated. I'm not a big napper, but I need my 8-9 hours at night!
35. 3 random songs on my nano: "The only one" Melissa Etheridge, "Spiderwebs" No Doubt, "Play That Funky Music" Wild Cherry
36. I love flowers: daffodils, roses, daises, gardenias, iris, camellias...
37. I've traveled as far north as Wisconsin, as far west as Hawaii, as far south and east as the US Virgin Islands.
38. My favorite toy as a kid: Barbies!
39. 3 stations I watch the most: NBC, ABC, HGTV, but Disney, Nogin and PBS are more likely to be on.
40. I think Harry Connick Jr and Matthew McConahey are pretty hot!
41. As a kid, I thought of letters and numbers as male or female. 8 and R are female. 10 and L are male, for example.
42. My favorite ice cream is Riverdog Ripple (ball team), but they don't make it anymore. It was like mint and butter cream icing rolled into one flavor.
43. If I'm upset, I usually hold it in or bitch to a friend.
44. I think I want to be cremated.
45. Not that I wouldn't do a few things differently if I could, but I have no regrets in life.
46. I've never broken a bone.
47. I've never colored my hair or had a perm
48. I never had braces.
49. As a kid, I would ride the 4-wheeler all over the place.
50. I'm a pack rat. For starters, I have my original jelly bracelets from like 1985.
51. I think it's really special that our new house will be built on land that's been in my family for about 100 years.
52. My favorite color is kelly green.
53. I can't stand Lifetime movies, for my shoulders to be rubbed or the name Terry (Terri).
54. I'm pretty independent. I don't need hand-holding and being in front of a crowd doesn't intimidate me.
55. I watch Days of our Lives. Don't judge me.
56. Former nicknames include Rut, Snowy, Eddie, Door Dance Spice, Wonder Woman, Malibu and 'Melia.
57. 2 of my best-est friends live far away and I miss them dearly.
58. One time as a joke, I put clear packing tape across a door frame and my boss walked right into it. No, I didn't get fired, but I had to apologize.
59. I own real cowboy boots and real diamond stud earrings.
60. As part of my job, I supervise about 25 employees and am responsible for 85 first and second graders.
61. The only sport I give a crap about is Clemson football.
62. I was once a "special guest" judge for a beauty pageant, although I've never been in one.
63. My favorite alcoholic drink: frozen strawberry margarita
64. I don't have any tattoos.
65. I don't think motherhood is all butterfly kisses and jello. Sometimes it's tough and frustrating and I wonder if I'm cut out for this.
66. My first concert was New Kids on the Block.
67. I love summer!
68. I've had a diary/journal since 7th grade and I secretly think someday when I'm gone, they'll make a movie about me (but not air on Lifetime).
69. I actually like my mother-in-law.
70. Steve knows I have a blog, but I won't tell him what it is.
71. I love fireworks. The big ones that fill up the sky.
72. I think I've only watched one episode of both ER and Sex in the City.
73. We acquired our dog Dexter from friends. He's a hyper mix breed.
74. Childbirth was easier than I thought.
75. but being a new mom was harder.
76. I think Rob Bell and his Nooma videos are really interesting. We use them in our Sunday school discussion.
77. I can't live without some peace and time to myself.
78. I sleep with a bra on.
79. No matter how many times I see this, it's still hi-damn-larious!
80. I grew up in a conservative family.
81. I once got so drunk at a football game, that I thought it was a good idea to hurdle a road block. And I actually made it!
82. I married a Yankee (IL).
83. The celebrity perk I'd most like to have is having someone to do your hair and make-up.
84. I don't love my job. I'd like to be a stay-at-home-mom, for a few years, anyway.
85. I have a big extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) and I see most of them regularly.
86. In fact, when we move into the new house, there will be 8 of us who live on the same road.
87. I was once in one of those hypnotist shows, but I wasn't actually "under" so I played along because I didn't know what else to do.
88. I have known one of my best friends since about 5th grade.
89. For a work fundraiser one time I had to dress up like a bowling pin.
90. No one in the world made me feel as special as my grandaddy did.
91. Steve and I don't have a lovey-dovey relationship. After 10 years, we're more like Raymond and Deborah.
92. I like antiques and old kitchen ware.
93.(I'm struggling here so I'm going to do some multiple choice) Coke or Pepsi? Coke
94. Chocolate or Vanilla? usually vanilla
95. Red or white wine? white- Riesling
96. McCain or Obama? I haven't decided
97. toilet paper over or under the roll? over
98. contacts or glasses? I don't need either
99. cats or dogs? I kinda prefer cats but Steve is allergic.
100. I wish more of my friends had thier own blog. It's free, easy and fun. I promise!

Whew! That was harder than I thought... Your turn!

post signature

3 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

Ok #58 had me in STITCHES. That's so funny!

I'm gonna give this a go. This is gonna be hard. I'm pretty boring. Ha!

Anonymous said...

I actually knew many of those things about you, but after about 21 years of friendship I guess that is expected...however some of those things make me think you are even weirder than I knew, and that makes me laugh!!

Shannon said...

Glad I could provide some entertainment to ya'll! ...don't get out much, do ya?