Monday, July 14, 2008

Baby, I'd be lost without you!

I'm back! As I mentioned before, Steve's mom was in town last week so that kept us busy. We all stayed in the mountains at my parents' place a few days then came back here. We went to the zoo and had pictures made of Savannah. Then we went back to the mountains at the end of the week. On Friday, my parents, brother and niece joined us at the mountain house. We got up the next morning and went to Ghost Town in the Sky. It's a small theme park situated on the top of a mountain. Originally opened in the 60's, it closed in 2002, but is back open for business. Now, if you are older than 20 and from the Southeast, I'm guessing you may have been here as a kid. We sure did and therefore my dad has been excited for all of us to go since it re-opened last summer. A little disappointing since some of the rides were not open, but the girls had a good time and we made a day of it. They even got the whole Indian "set" for a souvenirs (feather headdress, tomahawk, and drum - ironically made in Taiwan).
Today I've just been playing catchup and I DIDN'T EVEN LEAVE THE HOUSE. I know, amazing, right?!
Oh yes! I also spent the car ride home Sunday planning a eulogy in my head that I, thankfully, did not need. We thought we lost Savannah's beloved baby. Those of you that know us, know baby. She even made it in the Christmas card pic this year! Anyway, she did not make it to the mountain house so we figured she fell out at one of our stops. We called and looked, but no baby. We got home Sunday and Savannah asked for baby. Steve sat her down and told her that baby was lost and we probably wouldn't see her anymore. So what does she do? She starts calling, "baby! where are you baby?" Heartbreaking...but as we were leaving later in the day, I decided to look in Steve's office in the garage. There she was on the chair! Whew! Has anyone else lost a lovey? What did you do? Hopefully we won't have to do that again anytime soon!

post signature

4 comments:

Girl in Carolina said...

When I was about 6 and my brother was 4ish, we lost his "blue baby." (Yes, my brother had a doll. He would die if he knew I told anyone that.)

One weekend, Blue Baby got left outside. In a monsoon. She was completely demolished. Oh the tears and the agony. I still to this day remember him staring down at Blue Baby's crushed body and asking mama to "Fix her." *sniffle* RIP Blue Baby.

Thank goodness ya'll found Baby!

Anonymous said...

maybe you should see if you can buy a back up. Switch them back and forth and let the newer one get broken in too.

Shannon said...

I've never seen another "baby" but I have kinda had an eye out since last year when she got really attached. Oh - I guess it's nothing a little therapy won't cure later! haha...sorta...

Slacker Mama said...

Both my girls have loveys -- E's is Silky and is one of a kind. I live in fear of losing Silky, so he is not allowed to leave the house unless we are going somewhere. However, as she gets older, she gets less attached which makes it easier (though it makes me sad!). We also made her take a "faux silky" to school with her since I was pretty sure he would have disintegrated with the increased washings.

A has two Taggies, one for school and one for home. She knows there are two Taggies...I don't maintain the one lovey facade. Therefore, if she lost one (or both) Taggies, I could go to the store and buy a new one. Much less stressful!