Saturday, October 11, 2008

House Update- Part II

So I was on-line Saturday and at Lowe's looking at appliances. I don't have the exact ones picked out, but I think I have it narrowed down. I also looked at some more paint swatches - I swear I have one for every day of the year - and I about have that narrowed down too. I'm thinking Sherwin Williams "Rain" for the living room and "Cay" for the bed/baths. Most other rooms will be a shade of khaki and then of course, my RED kitchen. Play with your own color palate here.
I also happened on a deal for the tile. We bought the cermanic floor tile for almost the whole house a while back- super clearance price at Lowe's. Well, Steve has it in his head that this is something he's going to do himself (like the electrical and cleaning up) but I say he doesn't have time for it. I mean "hello," he's gone 2 whole weeks this month!
So anyway, I was talking to one of the guys in the store and he has a cousin who does work on the side. He said they do good work, I just need to call him and tell him what I want. So I called the guy up, told him we had all the tile, I just need someone to install it. He said they were busy, so If I wanted to make sure I got them lined up before Christmas, I needed to give him half the estimate up front. That wasn't a problem, I had some cash on hand I was saving and we have been putting away money each month in an account for this kind of thing. I don't have any money left now, but that's OK. I have several more months to save. If I needed to, I could dip into our Christmas fund. It will be worth it knowing that the job will get done witout Steve trying to find time in his busy schedule. Now, how do I tell him when he gets home?!
P.S. Thanks for all your input, girls! ;)

post signature

3 comments:

Lisa (aka) French said...

Don't tell him make it a surprise;) French

Anonymous said...

Hmm that is a tough one, you know you have to tell him, but you have to be sure he knows you did it for him more than anything, when someone works as much as Steve it is alot to take on a big project like that. I think getting a contractor was the right thing to do, atleast you have a little time before he comes home to get your explanation together. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

WOW what a great house !
Yeah I would tell him and I agree with Tdevores I'm sure he'll understand tat you were trying to help him out becuae he was so sort on time good luck looks wonderful!