Check out this post. It's from the Parenting magazine blog. Now, I read with some eagerness Daring Young Mom's (DYM) sage advice. Savannah will be 3 soon and I'd really like for her to be potty-trained (PT). We've done Pull-Ups for a while now, we have big girl panties, we had a prize box in the bathroom and grandma bribed her with a tricycle. None of this has really worked. She is just as likely to pee on the potty as she is to pee in the middle of the floor. She prefers to poop in the closet and I just don't have the time or patience to sit and stalk her all day.
Today she had a stinky and it was, well, stinky! While we were in the bathroom, she wanted me to cover my mouth and breathe, which I was going to do anyway. I asked if she liked the way it smelled and she said, "Yes, it smells like clean shoes." ?!? I wish...
So when DYM said to just wait until they are ready, I felt a little relief. But then, these other mamas seemed to chime in and let her know she was apparently a neanderthal because no one waits like that anymore! They're all, "We had our dear child PT at 10 months and it was so easy". Puh-lease! If you people have the patience and time to PT an infant, God bless you! But I'm not with you and I don't believe I'm in the minority. Maybe I'm just jealous because I still have to change stinkies and Pull-Ups get their share of $ from me each time I shop. So- what do you think? Any ideas for me? What was your PT experience like?
5 comments:
E was just over 3 when we PT-ed her. And basically school made us since she needed to be trainined in order to move up to the next class. I was fine with not training her because both girls were wearing the same size (4) diapers and I didn't want to deal with accidents.
We did try the pullup thing for a while, but she just thought of them as diapers. So we went cold turkey. Voila...she was trained after just a few accidents.
If she's turning 3 soon, just hype that when you're 3 you don't wear diapers. Make it a big deal. And then, just stop having her wear diapers.
Oh...and anyone who says their kid was trained at 10 months? Totally lying.
Either that or they are sitting their kid on the potty every 15 minutes. So the kid isn't trained, the parent is.
LOL! I like that: potty-trained parents! I also like the "3 year old= no diapers" idea. Let's see how that trick, I mean method works.
Brady turned 3 in June and isn't PT. He'll sit on the potty whenever we want him to and sometimes will even ask to, but he has yet to do anything. No pee, no poop, nothing.
We're going on vacation the first week in August, so we're waiting until after we get back to really hit this hard core. I'll let you know how it goes!
Potty Training sucks. Makes me not want another kid. We are done with the day time but still using night time underwear for her at night. Mikayla is 4.
Post a Comment