Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Little Shop of Horrors" it ain't

Oh! I forgot to mention that I crossed off 2 more things from my summer to-do list. I made a scrapbook of our Disney trip (on-line, of course) and Savannah went to the dentist today.
The office was really neat. It has this jungle theme but in a designer way, not in a Rainforest Cafe kinda way. They also had a game room for the kids and not just hand-me-down Barney toys.
Savannah did OK. The hygienist was very nice and really tried to beg and bribe sweet-talk her into opening her mouth, but that girl would not! Later the dentist came in and we had to lay her out on our laps so she could at least peek at her teeth while she was crying. Maybe next time will be better. And I have this for the receptionist...

Dear pediatric dentist office receptionist,
While you may have wonderful organizational skills required to keep up with appointments, insurance and records, your personal skills need some work. When you ask me if I'd like to make an appointment for the next 6 months, I would prefer it if YOU would suggest a time and then I could accept or decline. I prefer not to play "guess which day will work." If the Dr. is unavailable on Friday, tell me that first. If Thursdays are Medicaid day, tell me up front. If it needs to be at least 6 calendar months before the next appointment, that would be good to know as well. It's easier than me going through my whole January to guess when would be good for you. Perhaps you are respected and revered in your office, but you are, after all a receptionist and not St. Peter. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. And HAVE A GOOD DAY!
Shannon

post signature

1 comment:

Slacker Mama said...

You know what happens to me? The receptionist asks me what days work best, so I say "Tuesday and Thursday afternoons."

Then she checks the calendar and says, "I've got a Monday at 8 AM...would that work?"