I have had this blog for about a year now, but I chose not to let my husband see it. It's my place to rant and say whatever I want and I don't have to hear any lip from him.
A while back, I had suspected that he found it, but had no proof. However, when he want on his 2 week trip to Asia, low-and-behold, one day I had a hit on Feedjit from Malaysia! What are the odds?!? I had subsequent hits from Korea and Tokyo - all places he was visiting. So I decided to play a little joke.
Thanks to Carolina Girl and some others of you out there, I decided to hit him where it hurts: his wallet. Technically the prank involved MY money, but that's not really the point.
Despite my objections, Steve had decided he was doing some of the work on the new house himself to save money. Not such a bad thing except that he doesn't have time for it. He was gone half the month of October for crying out loud!
So I wrote this post, basically saying I had blown a large chunk of $ to pay somebody else to do the tile work, and it was only half of what I would owe them when it was all said and done. Somehow Steve managed to hold his tongue for almost 2 weeks.
Jump to this past Friday night. We're out with our friends Amy and Ron, who are in on the whole thing. The conversation moves to technology and blogs. Steve says, "I think Shannon is addicted to blogs." And Ron's like, "They're very interesting to read. Come on, you've never read a blog?" I'm about to burst out laughing at this point. Amy and Ron say, "Yeah Steve, haven't you read Shannon's blog?...maybe while you were in SINGAPORE?!?!" And we all starting laughing. Steve was clueless about the Feedjit map. He was even more clueless about my prank, cuz after a few minutes he goes, "And I can't believe you paid some guy at Lowe's to do our tile!" I said, "That was me dangling the carrot to get you to bite." He still didn't get it. "It was a joke," I said. "I made it up to get to to admit you read my blog!"
So anyway, the secret's out. And I told him he still better keep his mouth shut about what I write.
You got that, Steve?!?
4 comments:
FANTASTIC!!! I love it, that really turned out better than expected.
AHHHHHHHHHH That's hilarious!!! I can't believe he's been holding that in for so long!! That is just priceless.
Now hook me back on your favorite bloggees! I am still going to do your tagged post by the way. Maybe tonight.
hee hee Good prank!
PS I'll have to do a link to your post to update everyone who put in their input. They'll laugh!
That's so funny! I cant believe he kept it quite for so long though! My husband would be questioning me immediately when it came to money!
Post a Comment